Ten dictionary definitions of ten words all starting with one of three letters. Together the words have a particular reference to very expensive objects in three related groups. The objects are current rather than historical and comprise complex machines.
It will not be possible to pin down each word from its definition which is where you need to identify the linked groups. In some cases the definition has been tweaked to help identify the type of object.
1. having or showing great effort or energy
2. a seaside borough in Devon
3. having a sharp edge
4. a biblical unit of currency
5. entry of the victorious into Rome
6. formation leaders
7. send her – her name
8. on watch for danger
9. retribution by retaliation
10. able to take an accurate assessment
Oops – I missed the latest. You do the clue for that one!